1898 Ekklesia Hotel Plaque

The 1898 Convention/Ekklesia took place in the newly opened Schenley Hotel, and was the first major event held there. The building is now the University of Pittsburgh's Student Union.

The plaque commemorating the event was presented on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the chartering of the Pi Sigma chapter at the University of Pittsburgh on February 18, 1967.

The 1898 Convention was held October 14-18, 1898 at the Hotel Schenley in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. There were 159 registered delegates. During this Convention, the Grand Chapter form of government was abolished making way for the Ekklesia form of government which gave governance of Phi Gamma Delta primarily to undergraduate chapters.
Abstract/Description: The 1898 Convention/Ekklesia took place in the newly opened Schenley Hotel, and was the first major event held there. The building is now the University of Pittsburgh's Student Union.

The plaque commemorating the event was presented on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the chartering of the Pi Sigma chapter at the University of Pittsburgh on February 18, 1967.

The 1898 Convention was held October 14-18, 1898 at the Hotel Schenley in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. There were 159 registered delegates. During this Convention, the Grand Chapter form of government was abolished making way for the Ekklesia form of government which gave governance of Phi Gamma Delta primarily to undergraduate chapters.

Subject(s): Pi Sigma
1898 Convention
1898 Ekklesia
Pi Sigma; University of Pittsburgh