1977 Pi Sigma Chapter House at University of Pittsburgh

1977 Pi Sigma Chapter House at University of Pittsburgh. 

The Pi Sigma chapter house was purchased in 1919 from University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Samuel Black McCormick, Sr. (Washington & Jefferson College 1880).  Samuel McCormick created the local Phi Zeta Phi fraternity when he was chancellor with the intent of having it become a Phi Gamma Delta chapter.  McCormick owned the house and rented it the fraternity.  After Pi Sigma was chartered in 1916, McCormick sold it to Pi Sigma for $19,000.00 with the help of Roland McCrady (University of Pittsburgh 1911) and Roland's father who took out the mortgage.  Pi Sigma sold the house in 1999.  The house address was 4725 Wallingford Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania  15213.  It was reported to be haunted by a friendly spirit known as "Brother Basco".
Abstract/Description: 1977 Pi Sigma Chapter House at University of Pittsburgh.

The Pi Sigma chapter house was purchased in 1919 from University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Samuel Black McCormick, Sr. (Washington & Jefferson College 1880). Samuel McCormick created the local Phi Zeta Phi fraternity when he was chancellor with the intent of having it become a Phi Gamma Delta chapter. McCormick owned the house and rented it the fraternity. After Pi Sigma was chartered in 1916, McCormick sold it to Pi Sigma for $19,000.00 with the help of Roland McCrady (University of Pittsburgh 1911) and Roland's father who took out the mortgage. Pi Sigma sold the house in 1999. The house address was 4725 Wallingford Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213. It was reported to be haunted by a friendly spirit known as "Brother Basco".

Subject(s): Pi Sigma
Chapter House
Pi Sigma; University of Pittsburgh