Phi Gamma Delta's Heraldic Insignia - 1913 Coat of Arms

Primary tabs

At the October 17-18, 1878 Convention held in Indianapolis, Indiana, a committee on the Coat of Arms was charged with developing a recommendation for a Fraternity Coat of Arms and report back to the Grand Chapter in New York City.

This report was made on November 30, 1878 by members of the committee. Many of the features of the first coat of arms are visible on the modern coat of arms., 1913 Coat of Arms

In 1913, the Ekklesia sought to clarify the picture. They confirmed the coat of arms adopted in 1879 and re-adopted in 1902. The 1903 ban on the helmet remained. The snow white owl, our mascot, would grace the crest, as depicted in a 1913 representation.
Abstract/Description: At the October 17-18, 1878 Convention held in Indianapolis, Indiana, a committee on the Coat of Arms was charged with developing a recommendation for a Fraternity Coat of Arms and report back to the Grand Chapter in New York City.

This report was made on November 30, 1878 by members of the committee. Many of the features of the first coat of arms are visible on the modern coat of arms.

Subject(s): Greater Phi Gamma Delta